Thursday, June 28, 2012

This is a picture of Judith and me on the steps leading to the entrance of Harlem on Parade.  Judith is looking at the camera and I am looking into the ticket booth.  This picture was probably taken in 1940 when Judith was 5 years old and I was 4.  I believe we moved to Playland Park at the end of 1940 because Judith was old enough to enter school.  Judith, like our Father, had a very high IQ.  She only stayed in the first grade for a month or two and then was promoted into the second grade.  She stayed in the second and third grade and then was promoted to the fifth grade.  She stayed in the fifth and sixth grade and was going to be promoted to the seventh grade but our parents would not let her be promoted.  She was having a hard time in school because she was not in the same grade as her peers.  I, on the other hand, was a A, B+, C student who had to study hard to achieve those grades.  David, when he entered school followed in my footsteps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment