Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello, My name is Becky McKeehan.  My father owned two burlesque shows on a carnival, and my mother was the wardrobe mistress.  My father, mother, sister, brother and I lived in the back of the canvas truck.  When I was five we settled in Houston, Texas, on the grounds of Playland Park, in the shadow of the Roller Coaster.  My mother ran the "mug joint" on the midway, which was a "get em while you wait" photo joint where you could get a picture of yourself in jail, etc.. My father ran the concession stands, and over the years, became the concessionaire at all of the public venues in Houston, so I grew up attending Broadway shows, rodeos, baseball games, wrestling, car races, etc..  I lived the childhood that most kids dream of, and I knew it at the time I was living it.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - love the fact that you have a blog now. Can't wait to read all your entries. Read your opening post to Randy. His reaction? Wow! Your mom sounds like a writer. Love Serena

    ReplyDelete